Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What a weekend...

Sorry it took me so long to post.  It has been an eventful past couple of days.  I went down to Dallas with Mayday to see some friends.  It was a great time, but exhausting.  Aside from the long drive, the weekend was almost non-stop.  We went out on night one, then the next day we saw a play, went shopping, and went out to dinner.  It was great to see everyone again.  But, sadly the good times had this weekend are not the main reason I have been motivated to post.

I'm pretty drained.  In every which way.  Work is physically demanding.  But I'm not going to have a pity party.  It's just tough sometimes to see through everything that life throws at us so we can get to the good stuff.  I have been extremely blessed with a close group of friends that share my interests and that I am capable of talking to about anything and everything.  It's easy to get bogged down and begin to think about work, lack of free time, or abundance of it.  In the past month I have done all of those and many more.  But then there are these crystallizing moments of what can only be described as pure joy that snap me out of my self-imposed funk and make me realize I am blessed.

I can't help but thank those people that give my life meaning, no matter how frustrated I may get with them, how much I may annoy them at times, I always know that I have those people I can go back to when life gets to be a bit too overwhelming.


"I have a dream too, but it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. It's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And I found a whole group of friends who have the same dream, and that makes us sort of like a family."

--"The Muppet Movie"

No comments:

Post a Comment